Woodsetts is a village and civil parish in the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham in South Yorkshire, on the border with Nottinghamshire. It lies between the towns of Dinnington and Worksop and has a population of 1,802.
Originally a farming community, it has expanded into a modest commuter base serving Worksop and Sheffield. There is one pub (The Butcher's Arms), a Village Hall and a primary school (Woodsetts Junior and Infant School).
Woodsetts also has two churches:
St George's (Church of England) on the corner of Lindrick Road & Dinnington Road
Woodsetts Methodist Church opposite the Brands Close junction on Gildingwells Road.
To the north of Woodsetts is the smaller satellite settlement of Gildingwells.
The first written record of Woodsetts is in a 13th century quitclaim (dated 1220) held at the Derbyshire Record Office (Hatfield de Rodes papers) where a bovate of land 'in the territory of Lyndrick, in Wudsetes' is mentioned. Other geographical locations mentioned nearby confirm that it is Woodsetts being referred to.